- Excel file should be in “.xls” formats only
- Use Save as option in file menu for saving excel file in *.xls format.
- In save as from, in Save as type, choose > Excel 97-2003 Workbook (*.xls), then save the file.
- Excel Sheet name, should be as Voucher Type or Form Name on software menu.
- Example, for sales vouchers, sheet name should be “Sales”
- For purchase vouchers, sheet name should be “Purchase”
- For payment vouchers, sheet name should be “Payment”
- Mandatory headers are in Green and Blue color in sample excel template, and which are not case sensitive.
- Header, VoucherNumber, shall be not be used, if voucher numbers are not followed in excel and vouchers are single line and unique vouchers.
- Header, VoucherTypeName, shall be used, where multiple voucher type entries are imported using single excel file to Tally.
- Use configuration button on top right screen
- Where list of voucher type name of that family available in tally will be listed.
- User can select the default voucher type name to which the loaded entries to be imported.
Go to : —> How to Import Procedure List