skip to Main Content
Back To Top
Excel File Type
Excel Sheet Name
- Sheet name should be as the Name of the Master Type and without space in the name.
- Example, for Ledger Master, sheet name should be as “Ledger”,
- For Stock Item Master, sheet name should be as “StockItem” and
- Sheet name is Case Sensitive, so use first letter in CAPS for each word
- Excel Data, Column header should be in defined format.
- Primary column “Name” should exist for all masters, thru which the name of such master is being linked to Tally.
- Rest of the Column can be added as required, but it should be equal to the Storage Field used in Tally.
- No space in the Column Header
- example, header name “Pin Code” is wrong, “PinCode” is correct.
- No blank row should be in excel sheet for continues reading of data.
- No blank column should be in headers
- Column header is not case sensitive.