Basics for Excel file type and Formats
- Check the excel file as per the prescribed Excel file types, such as sheet name and file type.
- Excel Sheet name, should be as Voucher Type or Form Name on software menu.
- Example, for sales vouchers, sheet name should be “Sales”
- For purchase vouchers, sheet name should be “Purchase”
- For Debit Note vouchers, sheet name should be “DebitNote”
- Check the Mandatory headers are in Green and Blue color in sample excel template, and which are not case sensitive.
- Header, VoucherNumber, shall be not be used, if voucher numbers are not followed in excel and vouchers are single line and unique vouchers.
- Header, VoucherTypeName, shall be used, where multiple voucher type entries are imported using single excel file to Tally.
Invoice Template Models
There are 5 variety of excel formats are available, which is common for the below voucher types.
- Outward Type Vouchers, such as Sales, Credit Note, Delivery Note, Rejection In, Sales Order
- Inward Type Vouchers, such as Purchase, Debit Note, Receipt Note, Rejection Out, Purchase Order
Variety of Templates
- Simple Columnar – Voucher or Invoice Mode (without Inventory)
- Invoice Columnar (with Inventory)
- Invoice Columnar with Single Ledger and auto multi column – without Inventory
- GST Columnar with auto multi column – without Inventory
- GST Columnar with auto multi column – with Inventory
Additional Template Features
1. Simple Columnar – Voucher or Invoice Mode (without Inventory)
Simple Excel files can be used for simple columnar, without inventory in voucher mode or invoice mode for all invoices.