Procedure to Import Bank Statements
There are two formats of Excel templates for import bank statements from excel to Tally, which can dynamically used.
- Bank Statement – Double column
- Bank Statement – Single column
Bank Statement – Double column
Bank Statement – Single column
Excel file Validation
- Check here for Common Procedure for Vouchers Import.
- Sheet name should be as “Bank”.
- Header of the sheet should as per the given two types of templates.
- There should not be any change in the header name, Caps, Small and Space.
- Create new excel or Re-align and copy and paste the data from another excel shall be done as per sample excel given below.
- Header and Data Validations
- Mandatory Column
- Date, should be in date format.
- Particulars, is a text data as per the data from bank statement.
- Chq No, can be blank or any reference.
- Amount, should be in number format and shall not have negative sign.
- LedgerName, to be filled as per the required ledger name in Tally.
- Optional Column
- AccountName, is the bank ledger to which the bank statement is to be imported to tally.
- Narration, additional details can be added, if required.
- BillName, to be filled if required to map bill reference to respective ledgers.
- CostCentre, to be filled if required to map cost centre to respective ledgers.
- Mandatory Column
Step by Step Import Procedure
- Check Tally Master App is connected to Tally thru ODBC
- Go to Accounts Voucher menu, click “Bank Statement”
- In the bottom, click “Load Excel”, select your updated excel bank statement and it would be loaded on the screen.
- Use Verify Master button for verifying the availability of ledgers between Excel sheet with company connected in Tally.
- Configuration (top right on the grid)
- Bank A/c, if bank a/c is not filled in the excel sheet, then select the bank account ledger
- Partial import, Select type of vouchers to Import, whether to import Payment or Receipt or All
- Select the default voucher type payment or receipt or contra, if multiple vouchers are created and used in Tally. y6
- Option to use Contra Voucher can be selected, if required, (software will auto detect contra ledgers from tally while loading bank statement from excel and after created missing ledgers).
- Now click “Upload to Tally” button to import entries to Tally directly.