Procedure for Import Purchase Vouchers
- Purchase vouchers are categorised in to three formats, such as,
- Voucher Mode
- Invoice Mode (Without inventory)
- With inventory
- Excel templates are structured to manage the above three major formats for easy import.
- Excel templates are enabled with columnar and multi line ledgers, stock items and vouchers methods.
Excel file Validation before Import
- Check here for Common Procedure for Vouchers Import
- Verify Master, connected master, such as; ledgers and stock items of the loaded excel can be verified and created to tally directly and automatically
- Optional for Inventory Vouchers
- Additional below columns should be added for Purchase with Inventory Vouchers.
- Item Unit need not be mentioned, as it will be dynamic automatically.
- If Godown or Batch Name used in Tally, then such Fields shall be used next to “StockItemName” column.
- Tracking Number and Date, can be used to fill the delivery note details in purchase voucher.
- Order Number and Date, can be used to update the purchase order details in purchase voucher.
- Package Marks and Number of Packages, can be used to update in each items in purchase voucher.
Step to Import from Excel
- Ensure that Tally Master App is connected to Tally thru ODBC
- Go to Accounts Voucher menu, click “Purchase”
- In the bottom, click “Load Excel”, select your purchase vouchers updated excel file and it would be loaded on the screen.
- Use Verify Master button for verifying the availability of ledgers between Excel sheet with company connected in Tally.
- Configuration (top right on the grid), to select the default voucher type, if multiple vouchers are created and used in Tally.
- Now click “Upload to Tally” button to import entries to Tally directly.