skip to Main Content
Back To Top
Points to be noted before import ledger master
- Check here for Points to prepare Excel file for import masters before upload excel file.
- Excel file Sheet name should be as “Ledger” (case sensitive).
- Any field of Stock Item masters can be imported, including UDF.
- Ensure that the excel file filled with required data correctly.
Steps by step action to import
- Open Tally Master App and go to Ledger menu under Masters menu
- Load Excel, excel file shall be loaded for import.
- Use Verify Master, to check the availability of dependence of ledgers in tally.
- Once verify master is done, then click Upload to Tally, for direct upload to tally.
- After upload is completed, summary of import shall be popped up for confirmation.
- Also at the end of the data grid, upload status flag will be reflected for detailed confirmation.
Creation of Ledger Master
- Header, “Parent“, which is the Group Name to the ledger and which is mandatory in excel.
- Ledger address ares multi line in storage and depends on your number of address line required, header for address in excel shall be used as below.
- Address1, Address2, Address3,..
Alteration of Ledger Master
- Any specific details of ledger master can be modified.
- For altering ledger master, and if no alteration is required in Ledger Group, then header “Parent” need not be used.
- Below is the sample for update or alteration of list of ledgers