What is Tally on Remote
- TallyPrime (formerly Tally.ERP9) support for accessing your tally data remotely, using in-built Remote Access feature and Browser Access feature in the software.
- For that you should to have a TallyPrime license (either single user or multi user license) and an active TSS,
- Stable internet connection, and
- Tally data to be configure and connected to Tally.NET services.
- TallyPrime software cannot run as front application and data at back end with outside public network.
- Accessing Tally Data directly through other than TallyPrime is not possible.
- Sharing Tally Data thru VPN or MPLS or any other technology, is not viable as Tally needs more bandwidth to read and write data.
Tally can only be accessed through below methods
- In a local network, Tally data and license can be shared across all the computers unlimitedly.
- Connect Tally in server at one location and using Tally on Remote Access, client computer on public location can access data (public network), through internet using Tally.Net Services, which is provided by Tally company.
- Connect Tally in Server at one location and using Tally on Browser Access, (in any web browser and any devices) data can be read and reports can be downloaded.
- Connect Tally in Server in one location and using Tally on Cloud, data can be accessed using windows RDP technology.
In brief there are only 3 methods, through which Tally can work remotely